Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hardware Removal, October 20, 2011

It's been 48 hours since my surgery. I had a lot of pain yesterday, but the Vicodin kept it under control. I was so tired I went to bed at 7:30 p.m. and slept for almost 12 hours. It must have done me a lot of good because my leg pain was noticeable better today.

Dr. R told me to try to do a little light exercises on the stationary bike so I did a little yesterday. It was tough just to make one rotation. It felt like the stitching would pull and tear, but after the first rotation, all was well. I went very easy and very slow.

Today, I've not used any painkillers, that how well the pain is. And I'm a big baby with pain and a gal with a whole bottle of Vicodin so I am very please how well this is coming along.

My biggest complaint is that my throat is really, really sore. I'm not sure if I am coming down with a cold or if it is from the tube going down my throat. My stomach also doesn't feel well either. As typical of Vicodin users, I have constipation and have been diligent about using Plum Smart with no luck. Guess that is the price you pay for pain relief.

I finally got to see and touch one of my screws that Dr. R. saved for me. They are thinner than I expected, but boy are they long! I can't imagine how big that plate must have been.

I am walking without the crutches now, although very slowly. It doesn't hurt to walk, only the range of motion is low because of the bandages, and of course, the stitches.

If I didn't have these cold symptoms, I would be feeling pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment